Chocolate Cake For Egg Allergy

This is a really moist and chocolatey cake that also makes great cupcakes. I like to make a batch of cupcakes and freeze them for individual use when going to birthday parties outside the house.

Needed:
2 Cups of Warm Water
1 Cup of Hershey Cocoa Powder (or any other brand)
3 Cups of White Flour
2 Cups of Granualted Sugar
1.5 Tsp. of Baking Soda
1 Tsp. of Salt
1 Cup of Veg. Oil
2 Tsp. of Vanilla Extract
4 Tsp. of Cider vinegar
Parchment Paper (unbleached prefered)
2 9" Round or Square
Baking Pans

Directions:
*Preheat your oven to 350F.
*In a small bowl, mix together the cocoa powder and water until all the lumps are removed. The mix will be somewhat frothy.
*In a large mixing bowl, add all the remaining ingredients other than the vinegar and mix well.
*Slowly mix in the cocoa mixture until smooth.
*Mix in the vinegar for about 5 seconds. Do not over mix the batter.
*Line your pans with the parchment paper. (If you prefer, you may use non-stick spray on the inside of the pans)
*Pour the cake batter into the pans and put the pans into the oven to bake for approximately 30 minutes. Not all ovens distribute heat evenly so be sure to check the cake with a toothpick before removing the cake from the oven.
*Let the cake completely cool before frosting with your favorite icing.

3 comments:

  1. You are the coolest mom EVER!!! I love the recipes…can’t wait to try them!

    P.S. – how do I know if someone has an egg allergy? I am assuming my children do not…I feed them eggs…but I always have my suspicions as to what foods are causing sensitivities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the compliment! You could either try an elimination diet for two weeks and see what happens or go more aggressive and see an allergist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm going insane trying to find an egg-free cake recipe for my son's 1st birthday at the end of June... This one doesn't have any milk in it and seems really large... I also don't understand the 1 cup of Vegetable Oil. Wouldn't it be better to use butter?
    I'm an old school baker who has been cooking forever and I'm finding it hard to adjust!
    Thanks for your awesome blog!

    ReplyDelete