Chocolate Chip Cookies Egg Allergy Recipe



These egg free chocolate chip cookies are a really great alternative to chocolate chip cookies made with eggs. In fact, they are so good that you will never bother making cookies with eggs again!


Needed:
* 2-1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
* 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
* 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
* 1 Cup (2 Sticks) Softened Butter
* 3/4 Cup Sugar
* 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
* 1 Tablespoon Vinegar (any kind)
* 2 Tablespoons of Applesauce
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
* 2 Cups of Chocolate Chips
* Parchment Paper
Instructions:

    Preheat your oven to 375F Degrees

    Hold the chocolate chips off to the side.

    Add all remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix well with your kitchen mixer appliance.

    Add the chocolate chips and mix briefly. Mixing too long will break up the chocolate chips.

    Spoon cookie dough on to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper making individual rounds. Note that these will not be completely round, the dough will be thick. Do not worry, they flatten out when cooked!

    Cook for approximately 8 minutes. Be sure to keep checking your oven so that the cookies do not burn, they will burn quickly!

    Remove cookies from the cookie sheet with a spatula and let cool. Do not serve hot, the melted chocolate will burn. Serve warm or at room temperature.

    Be sure to hide these cookies or they will be gone before you know it! They store great in the freezer as well!

    If you decided not to use the parchment paper, be sure not to grease your baking sheet. The cookies will still come out delicious but the parchment paper reduces the browning on the edges and bottom. So basically you get a nicer cookie. I always recommend unbleached parchment paper when cooking.

    2 comments:

    1. Wow, I really appreciate all of these great recipes you have out here for people like us. I just recently realized I was allergic to eggs. I found that over the last several years that my throat would feel sore after eating a meal of eggs... needless to say, after a blood draw, I was told of my allergy. It has been a pain, but I am learning to live with it... but without a lot of my favorite foods. Your recipes will give me some of my old favorites back. Thank you and keep 'em coming!

      ReplyDelete
    2. I just made these cookies for my 3-year-old church class since one of our boys has an egg allergy and I'm tired of Goldfish for snacks every week.

      Oh. My. Gosh.

      These cookies are *amazing,* it took an un-holy amount of self control not to eat the dough and I've been beating my husband back with a spatula. He's requested that I make some of these for his office.

      I am *never* making "regular" cookies again. Ever.

      ReplyDelete